Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What documents do US and Canadian citizens need to travel to Mexico?
US citizens need to have an original, signed passport that is valid for six months beyond their stay. Canadian citizens also are required to have a valid passport. Canadian citizens without a valid passport will not be allowed entry into Mexico and will be returned to Canada. Canadian permanent residents need to present a Resident Card, Certificate of Identity, or Refugee Travel Document.
2. What are the travel requirements for minors traveling to Mexico?
Those under 18 years of age traveling alone or with only one parent or with someone other than the child's parents, must show a notarized letter of permission signed by the parent/parents not traveling. In the case of a single parent traveling with a minor, a certified copy of the divorce decree and court order showing sole custody, certified copy of birth certificate naming one parent, a notarized copy of a death certificate or other legal documents proving custody or guardianship are necessary.
3. Is it safe to travel to Mexico?
Yes. Mexico is safe and very accommodating to tourists. Rest assured the resort towns of Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta offer the utmost in tranquil, relaxing vacations, weddings and honeymoons.
4. What is the currency in Mexico?
The monetary unit is the Mexican peso (MXN). The symbol is the same as that used for the American dollar: $. The exchange rate is very favorable for travelers with many designer items and handicrafts at incredibly reasonable prices. Bargaining at many markets is encouraged and often expected meaning deals abound.
5. What is the weather like?
Puerto and Nuevo Vallarta are known for their abundance of tropical sunshine and in the summer months, some afternoon showers which are just enough to cool off the day.
6. I booked my reservation with an online travel site, but am not sure who to contact to reconfirm my reservation.
You can call the online travel site where you made your reservation or call the resort's direct telephone number in the Contacts & Info section.
7. I would like to get married in Mexico at a Villa Group Resort, can you tell me the legal requirements?
You'll find the legal requirements in our "Weddings & Honeymoons" section, along with wedding packages for our resorts. Congratulations & Best Wishes! And by the way, Villa Group Resorts specialize in vow renewals as well!
8. If I make a hotel reservation through your reservation center do I have to attend a timeshare presentation?
You are never required to attend a timeshare presentation unless its been specifically mentioned in a package that you booked - though our "home away from home" accommodations may end up swaying you to take a look.
9. Are pets allowed in the hotels?
In order to give the best service to all our visitors we do not allow pets.
10. How far are the resorts from the airport?
Approximately 30 minutes from the resort
11. Is there a free shuttle from the airport to your resorts?
There are no free shuttles, however well be happy to make arrangements for your transfers to and from the airport. Please note that there is a nominal fee required for the airport transfer service.
To schedule airport transportation, please contact the resorts directly via the email addresses as noted below:
- Puerto Vallarta (Villa del Palmar & Villa del Mar): firstname.lastname@example.org
11. I'm a Villa Group timeshare owner and want to know how to make a reservation for my vacation week.
Timeshare reservations can be made directly with the Universal Vacation Club (UVC) by calling 1-800-852-4755 or online by visiting www.myuvc.com
12. Where can I find the resort's telephone number and address?
Please view our contact information page.
13. Who can I call to reconfirm my reservation for my timeshare/exchange stay at my resort?
Contact Universal Vacation Club (UVC) at 1-800-852-4755 or the resort's direct telephone number. Operators are standing by and happy to help.
14. I've booked my timeshare reservation at the resort, can I add on an all inclusive package to my stay?
Yes you can (minimum of three consecutive days). All inclusive packages may be purchased with UVC or at the resort directly upon check in.
All inclusive rates are:
Adults: $85 USD per person per day
Children 4-12 y.o. pay 50%
15. I understand there may be special package rates for attending a timeshare presentation, how do I find out about these packages?
Contact Universal Vacation Club (UVC) at 1-800-852-4755 for special timeshare package rates.